Thursday, October 23, 2008

Hit a Jew Day Makes Borat Laugh, Y? Cry

I bruise easily, so I wasn't thrilled to hear that, in my own back yard, kids are hitting Yids.

This story first came to my attention on Google News last night during the first intermission at the Blues game (Red Wings FTW!). Today, I check everyone's favorite Israeli newspaper, Haaretz's website, and I that this story has legs.

The short summary is that, after several 'hug a friend day', 'high five a friend day', etc., a few students at Parkway West Middle School in Chesterfield decided that 'hit a Jew day' sounded like a good idea.

To the students who hit a Jew, you win an article on dickipedia.org. . .just as soon as I figure out how to create a topic.

To the students who got hit, I suggest the Jewish Defense League, or maybe one of those army programs in Israel.

To the parents and everyone going into hysterics, stop bitching and do something about it.

I was one of the very few Jewish kids in my (Cincinnati Public) elementary school. My parents made a point to come into class around some of the holidays and explain a bit about why I wouldn't be in class, and what I would be doing instead.

It is much harder to hate something you understand than something you don't.

This seems like the perfect opportunity to bring drop some knowledge.

No comments: